Frank Hardy Photography

Virginia …

with 8 comments

These are a few from a family group I did at the beach several weeks ago.  I thought that these of  Virginia  really stood out.  Everything came together to make these images something special.  I am not all that crazy about the back side of children / people, but so much of what you see from other photographers seem to be this angle, I decided to take a few and they seem to work out well with the others … I think you will agree!

Having been a portrait photographer for over thirty years, I think you could classify my style as timeless and classic.  I do not go out to a location and just run around taking photographs … so much of what you see now days is going to a park / beach and just taking hundreds of photos, hoping to capture something.   If anyone has any comments or questions about what I do, please let me hear from you.  Thanks for looking …

Written by Frank Hardy

May 11, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Posted in Portraits

Tagged with

8 Responses

1. Frank, Met you on highway 30A today. Good talking with you. Please take a look at my stuff on Windows Live and let me know what you think of it. I like your photos of Virginia at the beach. The one of the sailor is really classic looking. Cheers. Bill

Bill Murray

May 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm

• Bill – Thanks for the comment … If you make over to Pensacola, look me up and we can meet over a cup of coffee.

Keep in touch and I am going check out your photos now –

Frank

FrankHardy

May 18, 2011 at 10:12 am

• Bill – All of your photos are really impressive … I especially liked the ones from Scotland and the Smoky Mountains. We have never been to Scotland, but we have been to Ireland and I have a few posted. I also have several from Cade’s Cove in the Smoky Mountains, I think … one of a cabin in the woods for sure. If you ever have any questions about Photoshop or anything photographically, I am happy to share them with you.

Keep in touch –

Frank

FrankHardy

May 18, 2011 at 10:22 am

• 19 May 11

Bill –
      I added several beach and Seaside views that I made on Tuesday of this week and then worked them up in Photoshop when I got back home on Wednesday. Take a look and let me know what you think.
      Thanks and keep in touch –
      Frank Hardy

FrankHardy

May 19, 2011 at 3:05 pm

• 3 June 11
      Bill –
      I started my blog again of my father’s photography: Frank Hardy Made My Photographs Two.com If you have read the past couple of posts on this blog they explain what I have done. Hope all is well … let me know you think.
      Keep in touch –
      Frank Hardy

FrankHardy

June 3, 2011 at 3:03 pm

2. I like you photography. I’m a friend of Virginia’s. The old pictures look like Mesa Verde or some indian dwellings east of the painted desert. Thank you for sharing your art. Dottie

Dottie Harouff

May 24, 2011 at 2:56 pm

• Thanks for the comment Dottie…My father made these trips out west in the 40’s and 50’s. He did not identify any of them when they were stored, so I am posting them and hopefully people like you will help me out. I cannot say enough nice things about Virginia and the Moody family. I just wish I would have met them earlier in life. Please look back at my site and post any comments you have. Frank

FrankHardy

May 24, 2011 at 4:57 pm

• 3 June 11
      Dottie –
      I have a blog: Frank Hardy Made My Photographs Two . I have been scanning my father’s old negatives and cleaning them up in Photoshop and posting them to this site. Mostly Pensacola views and people that he photographed in the 30’s – 60’s. I appreciated your other email and thought this might interest you if you are from Pensacola.
      Thanks again –